Get a taste of a truly South African dish! This week Chef Annie is going to recreate a South African fan favorite, with her delectable take on Waterblommetjie Bredie.
Explore our chef’s best-kept secrets, join us with the finest wines and the best easy dishes to make.
- 1 kg lamb knuckles
- Salt and pepper
- 25g tomato paste
- 5 tomatoes cut in quarters and roasted for 15 min
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 300-500g waterblommetjies
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Season the lamb. Heat oil in a medium-size pot and brown the meat. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Return the meat along with the coriander and tomato paste.
- Add wine, tomatoes and stock. Season well.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes. Then add the potatoes and cook for a further 60 minutes. Add the waterblommetjies and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley and steamed rice.